1. Vitality of children. On the way to work today I found myself behind a yellow school bus full of children. The ones in the back were maniacally waving to me like kids do. I looked at their energy and then looked down at my 33-year-old body that at the moment felt a little heavy and tired. These kids were all smiles and movement. Even though at times I wish to give my son a good dose of Benadryl or something.to.calm.him.down, I am thankful for his energy. It springs hope for the whole human race that maybe, maybe that energy will be used for good.
2. Sweetness of fruit. I just ate an orange that was so juicy and sweet. No chemicals made it that way, just the seed that grew the tree, sun, rain, God. I am so thankful for its sweetness.
3. Love of a mother (and grandma). My mom is at my daughter's soccer game tonight. I had to miss it due to a work conflict. To know she is there taping it for me, rooting her on (loudly as my mom tends to do), and just filling in for me, warms my heart. My mother lost her mom when she was 11. I can't articulate well enough how grateful I am for the years that I have had with my mother on this earth. Each one has and continues to be a gift. One that I hope to do a better job at not taking for granted.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
vitality of children, sweetness of fruit, love of a mother (and grandma)
Posted by Alicen at 6:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment