CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 8, 2013

trees, roofs, spoons

We're on to day 5 here! I'm already feeling the shift.  And here are today's picks:

1.  Trees.  In the house I lived in from 13 on there was the largest, most wonderful oak-type tree in my front yard.  How many times did I gaze into the blowing limbs in the wind, pondering life.  I think of pondering out that window without the view of those moving limbs.  What a different experience that would have been.  I am thankful for that tree and for all the trees I have gazed upon in ponderous moments since then.

2.  Roofs.  The wind is howling outside my home tonight.  The rain has been pouring all day long.  I am sheltered.  My family is sheltered.  It leaketh not.  I am grateful for this glorious roof that covers me and mine.

3.  Spoons.  At my work there is a drawer full of plastic spoons for the taking.  Just about everyday I take one of those spoons without even acknowledging that someone fills that drawer up regularly.  I don't know if this is a gratitude to the janitor at my work or for the actual utensil.   Nonetheless,  I am grateful.  My chicken noodle soup would not have worked out half as successfully without this today.

0 comments: