




Saturday was announced as being a free day at all State Parks. It was a perfect day out at the Great Salt Lake. Once you get used to the initial sulfur smell and walk the good mile from the picnic/parking area to the shore (due to the water being so low) it was practically a day in California. Malia was proud of the 'T 'she wrote in the sand and Tessa was loving throwing rocks and sand just like her big sis. It was so quiet out there and nice to get away from the city a little bit. That night I got to go to the Dinner/Relief Society Broadcast with my mom. It was so nice to just be with her. I love that she loves my kids and all, but sometimes I just need to be able lay my head on my mom's shoulder myself and be her little girl again. President Uchtdorf's talk was so so so what I needed. It fed my spirit and I came away remembering that I really was created from a Creator and that, as His child, I have inherited creative capacities. He defined creation as "bringing into existence something that did not exist before: colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter." I love that. I have always been so self conscious that I wasn't as creative as I would like to be. But, what I heard and felt the Lord was telling me was that anything I can do, however insignificant it may seem to myself, if it is bringing into existence something that did not exist before, then I am fulfilling the purpose of my existence. I could go on and on. I just felt so filled.
Today was our ward's primary program. Malia did so great. She was so excited for this day. I just love when the Primary does their program every year, I've always gained so much listening to these little spirits share their testimonies through song and their sweet little-voiced words. This year being up there trying to keep it flowing was a little more stressful. I didn't get to sit and ponder how I can become more like those little children, but I hope those sitting in the audience experienced that...then all the weeks of work will have been worth it.
So, yeah here's to another week. Let's hope it rocks!

3 comments:
YOU WHAT??? You came to the GSL and didn't stop at my house??? I guess we're even now. :)
Alicen, you are amazing and very creative. You are an inspiration to me all the time. I am blessed to have you as my friend! I loved the talk President Ukdorf gave as well very real and what I needed.
Are you excited about having my kids come over tomorrow??
Ha! Love you!
Alicen, what a lovely weekend for you all. I love your Great Salt Lake pictures. Such a darling family you are! I also just loved Elder Uchdorf's talk for the same reasons you did. Bob and I went to two great Primary Sacrament Meeting programs on Sunday ... ours and Amy's. We would have loved to come to yours, too.
Post a Comment