Any time I have a chance to look at the church news, I open it immediately to the section where it announces new mission presidents. It's something I noticed many years ago. These husbands and wives have a similar look about them. It's not necessarily just how they look (although I find it humorous that many of them do look so much alike) It's in their demeanor. I can't describe it. Just look at them and see if you notice it too.
Sometimes I catch glimpses of this oneness in my marriage. Oftentimes I long to have a better grasp on it. But, for sure it's something that I'm striving for.
There's nothing like the kids saying something that they have no idea how funny it is and looking up to see Darrin looking at me to see if I caught the humor.
I can't imagine making this trek alone. I thank the Lord everyday that even though this is hard and sometimes I'm not at my best and daydream of days of shopping and solitude, this is where my truest joy lies.
And I guess that's what was in my heart today. I'm going to get back into this blogging thing. I kind of miss it.

3 comments:
beautifully said. i agree. marriage is pretty wonderful. i love that in this photo T seems to be saying "this is my new dress."
I always love reading your blog. Your thoughts are always so beautiful and real. Glad to have you back :0)
I just read this after I commented. RIGHT ON! This is what we are here for. To become one with our spouses...in the process we will be one with God because it is through Him we are made one.
We think alike.
It's always comforting to "meet" people like you.
Post a Comment