CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Malia's take on Mom's life lesson

Yesterday I had to intercede in a very heated moment with Malia and her friend. Malia realllllly wanted to push said friend's baby stroller and felt that her turn was never going to come. Or something like that... I don't know, all I heard was a very loud "I hate you!!!" Ouch!! Not the sweet, friendly sentiments you want to hear your daughter spouting out to her friends. I immediately came out and apologized to friend and brought Malia in for a talking to. She was very notably angry and I waited until she had cooled off to start in on the anger management advice. And here's how it went:

Me: If you feel that angry feeling coming on then you need to tell your mouth not to say something mean. Tell it to stay shut and come inside or away from the person so you don't say something that would hurt their feelings. The best thing to do would be to come inside and say a little prayer. Heavenly Father will help take that angry feeling away.

And this is all she heard of that little lecture...

Malia: But Mom, my friends will laugh at me if I start talking to my mouth.

And I guess they probably would. I now see that I'm teaching my daughter to be somewhat of a freak. I really need an instruction manual. Anyone know where I can get one?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the girl drama? That's a cute story. I tell Adalyn the same thing (mostly to tell potty to stay inside when there's not a bathroom in the five-foot vicinity) and there have been times when she's given it quite a talking to.