Once when I was young and crazy my friends and I lived in Hawaii for a summer. At one point we were visiting Kauai. We had just backpacked along the Na Pali Coast and were sleeping in a cave along the ocean. All night we heard what sounded like manatees making some sort of mating calls-- or so Thurop explained them to be. He further went on to to relay that they were calling for me. (How he understood their calls I'll never know, must come with being an adventurer). He went so far as to photoshop what looked to be some sort of engagement picture of me and a manatee when we got home. I wish I could find it. Anyways, so for me and those six of us in that cave, this is especially funny. And for everyone else, it's pretty cool. You'll have to pause my music to be able to fully take in the Michael Jackson goodness of it all.
P.S. Natasha, what does that say in the beginning? My Russian stinks.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Coolest manatee ever.
Posted by Alicen at 1:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i really wish we still had that picture, alicen!!! it was a monk seal, wasn't it (not that i would have any idea what the difference is between a monk seal and a manatee).
thanks for the great memory from kauai. dan always gets mad/jealous when i tell him that was the best summer of my life. i finally gave in and told him this summer was the best of my life, but just between you and me, nothing will ever compare to that summer when we were young and carefree.
hilarious! so that's what you two were doin' on the beach that night. wish i would have had my headlamp.
It says "Star of the dance floor".And, guess what??? You gave Me that picture!!! Remember, you let me keep it. I will scan it for you.
I did??? bwahaha I thought it was long gone!
Oh, and I've gone on to find out that actually this dancing ocean friend is a walrus. My bad. But, I'm too lazy to change my post, so manatee it will stay. Oh, and Lisa informed me that Thurop was calling it a monk seal, so basically now everyone knows I know nothing about sea animals. yay.
Seriously... that is the funniest damn thing!!!! LOL ba hahahahaha!
Post a Comment